UPS8H Takes Measures to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
At the Union Parish Section 8 Housing Agency, we prioritize the health and safety of our communities and want to ensure the well-being of our clientele and staff. As the outbreak of COVID-19, commonly known as the novel coronavirus, continues to impact Louisiana, UPS8H is taking extra precautionary measures to limit in-person interactions as recommended by Governor Edwards and the CDC and asking our clients and partners to call, email, or submit inquiries online rather than visit our offices.
Implemented Actions for Section 8 Housing Clients
Effective immediately and until further notice, UPS8H will implement the following precautions to protect its clients:
- Clients are encouraged to wear masks while visiting the administrative office. Social distancing of 6 ft. is required.
- Clients should call or email prior to visits.
- Applicant eligibility interviews will be conducted in person by appointment only or by telephone, email, and mail. Social distancing of 6 ft. required.
- Inspections will be scheduled in advance. Clients are encouraged to wear a mask inside while the inspection is conducted. Social distancing of 6 ft. required.
- Voucher issuances will be conducted by in-person appointment only or by telephone, email, and mail. Social distancing of 6 ft. required.
- Hearings will be conducted in person by appointment only or by video conferencing.
- Portability requests will be conducted in-person by appointment only or by email.
Clients are encouraged to email us or call UPS8H at 318.368.1441, visit the UPS8H website at UnionParishHousing.com or follow Union Parish Bulletin Board on Facebook.
Governor John Bel Edwards: www.gov.la.gov
Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding, and flexibility during these uncertain times. UPS8H hopes the changes outlined above will protect our staff and clients and help minimize the virus's impact on the Union Parish community.